Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins...


Our first days of Summer Vacation were idyllic! Sweet hearted boys playing peacefully, contentedly, joyfully together (just read the last couple of blog entries...) And then something arose so great from within them that all the pedals on my sweet pea bouquet dried in an instant and fell to the counter top! The boys began to fight! And when I say fight, I don't simply mean flying fists and heated arguments (there were those too,) I mean whining, crying, flailing, irrational tears and grumpy hearts that can't manage to honor one another or me, their Mother. And it's been CONSTANT this week!

"Love Covers a Multitude of Sins... Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart... Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good... in our weakness He is made strong..." So many good verses have flooded my mind as I've separated the mutineers and sent them to time-out in various rooms this week. But even with all this wonderful, Biblical counsel welling up from deep within my heart, I've felt MAD. It is so difficult for me to not take their childishness personally sometimes.

So I asked God for His love, His Patience and Kindness and Goodness towards this renegade band of brothers He saw fit to give me as Sons. And wouldn't you know it?!?! Miraculously I have loved them well these past few days. We went places and did things, played, then came home, read books, watched shows, and they've dressed up as the scalawags they've been acting like!

I remember going to see a therapist in my young adult life who asked me to bring in some pictures from my growing up years (trying to pinpoint who was to blame for any issues I'd collected during my life!) Often times as I take pictures of our current family with these three little guys, I wonder what a therapist might have to say. Tonight I looked back over the pictures I've taken of them and I see happy boys, loved boys, forgiven boys, boys who have a mother who taps into her Generous Heavenly Father's Love when her's has all been spent... For Love Covers a Multitude of Sons... I mean Sins.











1 comment:

Kelli said...

Love this! I had a particularly difficult morning with a certain five year old. I didn't love her as well as I should have. She was fairly unlovable, but it's my job to love her even when she's unlovable. Thanks for reminding me of what love can do! :)