Monday, May 16, 2011

Almost done with 1st grade



Caleb's school year is almost over.
He'll be a second grader before we blink twice.

I've heard it said that with little ones underfoot the days are long but the years fly by. I agree. Each of our days this year seemed long and full and loud and busy and messy with my two young ones at home, but Caleb's year in first grade flew by. He enjoyed wonderful friends and an amazing teacher, and learned so much I nearly fell over some days.

Now with only 6 more days of school left until Summer break I am growing increasingly sentimental. And rightly so! For the next time my boys head back to school not only will Caleb be in 2nd grade, but Brody will be starting Kindergarten and Asher Preschool! Oh, those two little ones are beside themselves with excitement. And that makes me so happy.

But first we have a Summer to fill with popsicles and sprinklers, trips to the lake and days at the beach, home made ice cream, strawberries picked straight from the backyard, and sun kissed little boy skin.




No comments: