Wednesday, January 16, 2008


I need to take a new picture to include in this post... it is forthcoming.  You see, Caleb just got a new "big wheel" bike.  A neighborhood friend had one and Caleb has not been able to control his enthusiasm over it from the moment we hit the cul de sac each day.  I asked Caleb if he remembered all the Bible verses he'd memorized last year (about 40 of them,) and when we both discovered that he couldn't remember half of them I made him this deal... if he would relearn ALL of them, Daddy would take him for a big boy outing to Target to get his very own Big Wheel. It took 2 days.  There are still a couple of verses that he goofs on, and when I say goofs I mean he starts with one, pulls a few words from another, and closes with the last line of a third verse. Quite funny actually.  My favorite verse he has is a short one, and it's a very loose paraphrase of Psalms 1.  It states: "Blessed is the boy who loves the Bible!"  And our two boys truly do.  Each Sunday they tote it to church "just like Daddy does."  Caleb's favorite verse however is: "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Since we live by the Spirit let us keep in step with the Spirit."  Both boys enjoy this one because we always march and clap while reciting it.  
If you are appalled that I use bribes to teach my kids Bible verses, then you probably won't like it that I also follow Caleb's vegetables down with a couple of M&Ms.  


ps- the above shot has nothing to do with this post!  Brody just LOVES eating his crafts.  

2 comments:

Fabian Fibonacci said...

A Brunner update! Yippey! Your stories and boys are precious.
Alison

Kelli said...

I love you guys. Lee and I were just talking about how much we miss you. You're the best.
Kelli